The team at Foster Dental Care wants to know what are you putting in Easter baskets this year? Along with jelly beans and chocolate bunnies why not include a fun colored toothbrush and ‘The Tooth Book’ by Dr. Seuss? That way your child can enjoy the candies and use their new toothbrush after consumption!
Consider this when purchasing candies for baskets:
· Avoid sticky or gummy candies. Sticky candies can uproot fillings and are harder to remove from the tooth surface.
· Avoid hard candies. Enjoying suckers or other hard candies allows sugar to sit in your mouth and the acid can attack the enamel on teeth.
· Go for the chocolate! Enjoy candies like chocolate or something that can be chewed or dissolves quickly.
· Brush your teeth after eating candy!
· If you cannot brush after enjoying your Easter basket treats, drink milk or water to help rinse the sugar from your teeth. Or, snack on a carrot after candies. The carrot will help clean your teeth of residual sugar.